Marriage and Family Systems – Movie Parenthood
PLEASE READ DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY AND THOROUGHLY TO MAKE CERTAIN YOU ARE ABLE TO COMPLETE ASSIGNMENT AS DIRECTED AND ON TIME.
In your project for this course, you will take a look at a family subsystem within the movie Parenthood. Which is: Garry and Julie and their parents Edward Lampkin and Helen Buckman. You will provide an assessment of the relationship patterns in the family, consider two family therapy models for use with the family, choose one therapeutic model to guide a brief treatment plan, and reflect on the impact of your own perspective and how it affects your perceptions of and approach to the family. The purpose of the project is to provide an opportunity for you to analyze family issues from a systems perspective, apply an assessment tool, and develop a plan of treatment for a particular family subsystem.
**The two family therapy models you are to use are:
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Solution-focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
The following pieces should be included in your project: PLEASE MAKE CERTAIN YOU HAVE ALL OF THE BELOW NECCESSARY PARTS TO COMPLETE THIS ASSIGNMENT.
Genogram – A genogram of a family subsystem from the Buckman family in Parenthood. It should include visual depictions of relationships among family members, and identifying information like ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, mental or physical illnesses, addictions, and other relevant information.
Analysis of Family Subsystem – A clinical conceptualization of one subsystem contained within the Buckman family (for example, one of the couples or parent(s) and their child(ren)). You will apply family systems concepts from the course, looking at patterns of relationships, themes in the family, and issues with life cycle transitions.
Literature Review – You will choose two family systems therapy models, using supporting research, compare and contrast these two systemic therapeutic models and consider how they might be applied to the family subsystem you chose. Discuss the interventions associated with each model, and how each model would affect treatment with this family. (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Solution-focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
Treatment Plan –you will choose one of the two models you researched. You will create a brief plan of treatment for the family subsystem, incorporating short-, medium-, and long-term goals, and selecting model-specific interventions for use at each stage of therapy. Include a diagnosis using the Global Assessment of Relational Functioning (GARF) scale. *Please use >> (Solution-focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
Reflection – A reflection on the process of developing this conceptualization and treatment plan. What was the effect of your personal experiences, beliefs, and values upon your assessment of this family, and your ideas about how to work with them? Please don’t forget this section. Very important also.
PLEASE MAKE CERTAIN YOU HAVE INCLUDED ALL OF THE ABOVE NECCESSARY PARTS TO COMPLETE THIS ASSIGNMENT.
To successfully complete this project, you will be expected to:
• Create a genogram of a family subsystem from the Buckman family. (Just use the one I have uploaded and make certain that the lines are coming from both parents and not just one parent, MAKE CORRECTIONS AS NEEDED.)
• Analyze a family subset in relation to the larger family system in terms of intergenerational themes, relationship patterns, and life-cycle transitions. The family system you will use is: Helen’s family. Garry and Julie are the children of Edward Lampkin and Helen Buckman. Please use this family subsystem.
• Compare and contrast two systemic therapeutic models.
• Evaluate how different interventions would affect treatment.
• Develop a systemically based diagnosis and treatment plan.
• Reflect on the effect of your personal experiences, beliefs, and values upon a particular situation.
• Write in a clear and professional manner, and use APA style.
PLEASE MAKE CERTAIN YOU HAVE ALL THE NECCESSARY PARTS TO COMPLETE THIS ASSIGNMENT.