Find linear correlation between two variables
Use one or more web-sites to collect data about two variables
– U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics www.bls.gov
– National Center for Educational Statistics www.nces.ed.gov
– US Food and Drug administration www.hhs.gov
– Consumer Reports www.cosumerreports.org
– US Census www.census.gov
1. Give an introduction about correlation
2. Describe your variables.
3. Draw the scatter plot for the given data. Explain the relationship between the variables.
4. Compute the correlation coefficient. Explain what it means.
5. Give a brief explanation of the type of relationship.
– Your opinion about the cause and effect relationship between the variables (Changes in one variable cause changes in the other variable).
– Other factors: The relationship between the variables is a coincidence.